2020 Birthday in Isolation
Who here has to have or will have their birthday in isolation because of Covid-19?
2020 has been very hard on everyone. I’m currently in Melbourne’s Stage 4 Lockdown right now which means curfew, no going anywhere further than 5km, no visitors, and no shops open except for essentials.
But somehow it doesn’t sound so bad? I don’t know about you, but I have cried on my birthday many times in a row just because I was expecting a lot and it always sucks lol most of the time it’s the weather, the last time was my ex bought me the flowers I didn’t like (lol what a bitch), sometimes it’s the migraine that decides to show up. It always brings me to tears how much I expected years and years and it’s always the ones that are the most simple consisting of just a dinner after a long day of work that turns out to be the most memorable.
With 2020 being the nightmare that it is for everyone.. I’m actually glad to be alone this year (well not technically if you include the most random Zoom birthday party I have invited almost everybody and anybody I can think of). So for my first (and hopefully last!) birthday in isolation, I have decided to reflect and give myself some time to think things through.
Anyways.. here we go.
25 Things I’ve Learned in 25 Years
- Everything happens for a reason even when you don’t know what that reason is now. You will eventually be grateful that it happened. Life doesn’t happen to you, it happens FOR you. The only way out is through.
- The world does not owe you anything.
- Life is short, so be grateful for the people around you today
- It’s time to start saving money
- Getting older doesn’t seem so bad, I miss being younger and in some life stages like studying during my undergrad but… I don’t want to go back. I’m excited for what is to come.
- Sunscreen, always.
- Drink water
- I fucking love the sun
- I miss driving. A lot.
- Say thank you as much as you can, a smile goes a long way
- Never stop blogging.
- Thailand will always be home
- A to-do list will make you soooo productive
- It’s okay not to like drinking alcohol
- Exercise really does make you happy
- Coffee is actually so yummy
- Own the fact that you are honest, and straightforward but also aren’t rude. There is a thin line between being honest and being mean. You don’t have to be mean, to be honest. You can be sincere.
- Never apologize for telling people what you feel. If they do not appreciate you trying to reach out to solve an issue. Rather, they see this as aggressive or confrontational. They are not your people.
- On that note, filter who you care. It’s been very hard to do that, to not care about everyone and what everyone thinks about you. But at a certain point, people who don’t really matter to you come and go. And remember.. those who mind don’t matter, those who matter don’t mind
- People do leave, and that’s okay.
- Do not compare where you are in life with others. We all have our own pace. It doesn’t matter how slow as long as you do not stop.
- You can cook! Just after 2-3 times doing the same thing. You have come so far from someone who can’t even make decent instant noodles. Now you can make perfect rice.
- Math, Economics, Finances, and Accounting. It really is not your thing. However, writing, reading, and talking are!
- Talk to your mom more often, she loves you a lot.
- Things will always end up okay at last.. it always does. If it doesn’t that it’s not the end…. 🙂
Thanks to all my friends for joining my Zoom birthday party hahaha it was a lot of work but super nice to see everyone’s faces again ♡